There’s just something about the sweet and spicy flavors that when they are put together they make for the best bite! Then when you add a fresh element, like the rosemary you have something really spectacular!
These roasted mixed nuts are great to make for a party or just to have as a snack. I like to make a big batch and store in snack-size baggies and take to work for a snack. For (social distance) parties I’ve been making individual servings so it eliminates the temptation of people reaching into a big bowl.
In this batch of roasted nuts I used a mix of whole cashews, almonds, peanuts, pecans and macadamia nuts. Feel free to mix it up with your favorite blend.
For another variation, after the nuts have baked and you have taken them out of the oven you could also add in some dried fruit and toss with the nuts.
- 4 cups mixed nuts, unsalted
- ⅓ cup agave, or sub honey or maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons rosemary leaves, chopped
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper, +/- to your taste
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 350°
- In a large bowl, toss all the nuts, agave, oil, rosemary, brown sugar, cayenne pepper, paprika, and salt until everything is evenly coated. Transfer to a rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake, tossing once until nuts are toasted about 15- 20 minutes.
Keywords: cashews, pecans, peanuts, macadamia, almonds, nuts, spicy