Ok. I know these look basic but I assure you they are anything BUT ordinary.
A friend of mine, BJ Knight introduced these to me a few years ago and I can’t get enough and neither will your party guests. No matter how many poppers are made there will NEVER be one left, I’m not kidding, LOL! People will literally grab them off the cookie sheet as you take it out of the oven. I made 100 poppers for a wedding shower and they were gone before I knew it. I don’t know what it is but they are the perfect amount of hot from the sausage and just enough creamy from the cream cheese. I’m craving them again just from writing this post, HA!
The old saying holds true… It doesn’t have to be fancy to be good, just use good ingredients. Eat ‘em up and let me know what your friends and family think by tagging #desociointhekitchen
Thank you Wampler’s Farm for making such delicious sausage!
- 25 jalapeños – cleaned and cut in half, lengthwise
- 1 – 8oz container of cream cheese (at room temperature)
- 1 lb Wampler’s HOT sausage
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees F
- Prepare the jalapeños. First, cut off the stem, then using a coring tool clean out all the seeds and the pith. Slice cleaned out jalapeños in half lengthwise. *Tip – after I core out the center, I run the jalapeños underwater – makes for easy work removing any stuck-on seeds.
- Brown sausage until fully cooked, I like to make sure it’s broken up into small tiny bits, drain any grease. Add cream cheese to sausage and mix until completely melted and everything is well combined. *Tip – I use a medium pot to brown the sausage, then you can add the cream cheese right to the pot instead of dirtying another bowl.
- Spoon sausage mixture into jalapeño halves and place onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 425F for about 15 minutes or until the sausage gets a little crispy and the jalapeños have cooked and are softened.
*The parchment paper isn’t necessary but it makes for easy clean up should any of the cheese melts and spills over.