Fish tacos are great for those spring and summertime parties, they are nice and light to eat on those hot days. I don’t know about you but I hate to put on a bathing suit right after eat a giant cheeseburger. So if I know a meal will be eaten outside I try really hard to keep it light.
I like this recipe because it blends together really well the salt, with the tart lime and sweet peach salsa. It all comes together perfectly in 1 big bite. The original recipe came from the Food City website but I added a few more ingredients and some of my own flavors to spice it up a bit!
This is another recipe that easily lends itself to your creativity. I was thinking some grilled corn or maybe some roasted red pepper would be a nice addition. Have fun with it and throw in your favorites! If you like this recipe and give it a try, be sure to tag #DeSocioInTheKitchen I love to see what your creations!
Tilapia Fish Tacos with Avocado and Peach Salsa
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 10
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: Mexican
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt divided
- 1 pound flaky white fish fillet such as tilapia or halibut
- 1 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1/4 cup shredded carrot
- 1/4 cup red onion – finely chopped
- 1/2 cup peach salsa
- 8 (6-inch) flour or corn tortillas
- 1 avocado sliced
- 1/4 cup shredded cheese
- Combine the salt (1/4), cumin, chile and garlic powder in a small bowl then sprinkle the mixture evenly over the fish. Coat a large nonstick skillet with nonstick spray and set over medium-high heat. Add the fish and cook until opaque in the center, about 4 minutes per side. Set the fish aside to cool for a few minutes, then flake it into pieces with a fork.
- Meanwhile, stir the yogurt, cilantro, lime juice salt (1/4), and mayonnaise together in a medium bowl
- Add the cabbage and shredded carrot and toss to combine.
- Warm the tortillas in the microwave according to the package directions, about 15 seconds.
- Divide the fish and cabbage evenly among the tortillas. Top with cheese and red onion, serve with the salsa on the side.
Keywords: Tilapia Fish Tacos with Avocado and Peach Salsa
Thank you so much for leaving your feedback, I am glad to know you enjoyed it!