- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt divided
- 1 pound flaky white fish fillet such as tilapia or halibut
- 1 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1/4 cup shredded carrot
- 1/4 cup red onion – finely chopped
- 1/2 cup peach salsa
- 8 (6-inch) flour or corn tortillas
- 1 avocado sliced
- 1/4 cup shredded cheese
- Combine the salt (1/4), cumin, chile and garlic powder in a small bowl then sprinkle the mixture evenly over the fish. Coat a large nonstick skillet with nonstick spray and set over medium-high heat. Add the fish and cook until opaque in the center, about 4 minutes per side. Set the fish aside to cool for a few minutes, then flake it into pieces with a fork.
- Meanwhile, stir the yogurt, cilantro, lime juice salt (1/4), and mayonnaise together in a medium bowl
- Add the cabbage and shredded carrot and toss to combine.
- Warm the tortillas in the microwave according to the package directions, about 15 seconds.
- Divide the fish and cabbage evenly among the tortillas. Top with cheese and red onion, serve with the salsa on the side.
Keywords: Tilapia Fish Tacos with Avocado and Peach Salsa