- 25 jalapeños – cleaned and cut in half, lengthwise
- 1 – 8oz container of cream cheese (at room temperature)
- 1 lb Wampler’s HOT sausage
- Pre-heat oven to 425F
- Prepare the jalapeños. First, cut off the stem, then using a coring tool clean out all the seeds and the pith. Slice cleaned out jalapeños in half lengthwise. *Tip – after I core out the center, I run the jalapeños underwater – makes for easy work removing any stuck-on seeds.
- Brown sausage until fully cooked, I like to make sure it’s broken up into small tiny bits, drain any grease. Add cream cheese to sausage and mix until completely melted and everything is well combined. *Tip – I use a medium pot to brown the sausage, then you can add the cream cheese right to the pot instead of dirtying another bowl.
- Spoon sausage mixture into jalapeño halves and place onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 425F for about 15 minutes or until the sausage gets a little crispy and the jalapeños have cooked and are softened.
- The parchment paper isn’t necessary but it makes for easy clean up should any of the cheese melts and spills over.
- Using gloves keeps the pepper oil off your hand. If you do not use gloves, even after you wash your hands with soap some oil will remain, keep hands away from your face and eyes.