Corn, Cheese, Mayo… does it get any better?! HA! Probably for some but this is where Chrissy Teigen and I align perfectly. 🙂
I love Chrissy’s cookbooks, I’ve made several recipes and they all turn out great but she won my heart with her Spicy/potato chip, Tuna Noodle Casserole. My Mom used to make that dish. Chrissy’s recipe is a little kicked-up but the first bite brought back a flood of memories, so thank you Chrissy for reminding about Tuna Noodle Casserole! Find Chrissy’s cookbooks here!
Ok, back to the street corn! I could easily eat 4 ears of this stuff, all by myself, it’s just so good. I wish I had known about this dish sooner in life.
This is 100% Chrissy’s recipe, I highly recommend you give it try. Corn is in season and you can whip up several ears in 10 min
Mexican Street Corn
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 8
- Total Time: 18 minutes
- Category: Side dish
- Method: Grill or Stove Top
- Cuisine: Mexican
- 4 ears of corn, husked and halved
- 3/4 cup finely grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 3/4 cup crumbled cotija cheese (it’s like Mexican feta!)
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt or more to your taste
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- Cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves – optional
- 1 lime, cut into 8 wedges
- Preheat a large cast-iron skillet over high heat.
- On a plate, combine the Parm, cotija and black pepper.
- Use a brush to coat the pieces of corn with oil, or get them greasy with your hands. Season with the salt and lay as many ears as will fit comfortably in the skillet. Cook, turning every 2 minutes, until some bits are blackened and the corn is cooked, about 8 minutes total.
- Working quickly, brush each piece with a thin layer of mayonnaise, then roll the corn in the cheese mixture and sprinkle with cayenne to taste.
- Put all the cheesy corn on a platter, garnish with the cilantro, and serve with lime wedges for squeezing.
Keywords: Mexican Street Corn
Leave a Reply