The possibilities are endless with this easy recipe! I used strawberries and cream cheese but you could use really use just about any fresh fruit, I personally think peaches would be really yummy! You could also try Nutella and bananas, or even a peanut butter and jelly filling!
These French Toast Roll-Ups are part of my cooking series Kids Cook Live, where I invite kids and their parent to join me in the kitchen via Instagram Live! If you have kiddos (or even if you don’t) you can check out my Instagram every Friday for a new class!
- 6 slices of soft bread
- 1/4 cup cream cheese (room temp)
- 6 strawberries – each cut into quarters
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon milk
- non-stick spray or 2 pats of butter
- 1/2 cup cinnamon-sugar mix
note: I measure out the sugar and simply add cinnamon to my liking
- Step 1 – prep everything you will need. Crack the eggs into a shallow bowl or plate, add the milk and whisk until well combined. Next, place the cinnamon- sugar mix into a separate shallow bowl or plate. Set both plates off to the side.
- Step 2 – Make the Roll-Ups. Using a rolling pin flatten each of the 6 slices of bread, trim crust if you prefer. Then spread a little cream cheese across the (short) edge of each slice. Then place 4 pieces of strawberries on top of the cream cheese. Lastly, tightly roll up the bread.
- Step 3 – Cook the Roll-Ups. Heat up a small or medium-sized skillet, coat w/non-stick spray or butter. While the pan is heating up coat the roll-ups in the egg mixture, and transfer to the hot skillet, seam side down. Turn to cook all sides of the roll-up.
- Step 4 – Coat in cinnamon sugar. As soon as you remove the cooked roll-up from the pan roll in the cinnamon-sugar mixture.
- Best enjoyed while hot. Serve with a dusting of powdered sugar or syrup or enjoy them plain!
When coating the roll-ups in the egg mixture, try not to let them soak too long or you could end up with soggy French Toast.
Keywords: French toast, kid approved, easy recipe, strawberries