These are my most favorite shrimp tacos! The ingredients are really easy and not many of them – which is the perfect dinner for me! The cheese gets ooey, gooey and the poblano peppers give it such great flavor! These tacos make my belly so happy!
Valentine’s Day Dinner Ideas
This recipe is part of a Valentines Day collaboration. Myself and 7 other food bloggers got together to bring you our version of a romantic dinner for two. I know what your thinking… Shrimp Tacos aren’t really that sexy. Well for me, it’s all about knowing what your partner likes….and this girl likes Shrimp Tacos! HA!
Check out my friends recipes for inspiration for your Valentine Sweetheart!
- 1 pound uncooked shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 2 poblano peppers seeds removed and sliced
- 1 yellow onion – sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons butter
- salt and pepper
- 1 cups Monterey Jack cheese- shredded
- 6 white corn tortillas
- 1 avocado sliced – for serving
- salsa or pico de gallo – for serving
- fresh cilantro – for serving
- In a deep skillet, heat the butter over medium heat.
- Lay shrimp on a paper towel and pat dry. Season with salt, pepper, cumin, and paprika. Once butter is hot, place shrimp seasoned-side down. Lightly season the other side of the shrimp. Cook on each side about 3 minutes. Careful not to overcook it.
- Remove shrimp from pan and reserve. In the same skillet add a little more butter, heat then add the sliced peppers and onions. Season with salt, pepper, cumin, and oregano. Cook continuing to stir until veggies are tender. Add back in the shrimp and stir to combine.
- Assemble the tacos! Set oven to broil.
- Lay corn tortillas on a baking sheet place onions and peppers down then place 4 shrimp per taco. Sprinkle on the shredded Monterey Jack cheese and place under the broiler until cheese is brown and bubbly!
- Remove from oven and top with avocado, salsa and cilantro. eat and enjoy!
Keywords: Mexican, taco, shrimp, poblano, peppers, cheese