- 1 pound uncooked shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 2 poblano peppers seeds removed and sliced
- 1 yellow onion – sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons butter
- salt and pepper
- 1 cups Monterey Jack cheese- shredded
- 6 white corn tortillas
- 1 avocado sliced – for serving
- salsa or pico de gallo – for serving
- fresh cilantro – for serving
- In a deep skillet, heat the butter over medium heat.
- Lay shrimp on a paper towel and pat dry. Season with salt, pepper, cumin, and paprika. Once butter is hot, place shrimp seasoned-side down. Lightly season the other side of the shrimp. Cook on each side about 3 minutes. Careful not to overcook it.
- Remove shrimp from pan and reserve. In the same skillet add a little more butter, heat then add the sliced peppers and onions. Season with salt, pepper, cumin, and oregano. Cook continuing to stir until veggies are tender. Add back in the shrimp and stir to combine.
- Assemble the tacos! Set oven to broil.
- Lay corn tortillas on a baking sheet place onions and peppers down then place 4 shrimp per taco. Sprinkle on the shredded Monterey Jack cheese and place under the broiler until cheese is brown and bubbly!
- Remove from oven and top with avocado, salsa and cilantro. eat and enjoy!
Keywords: Mexican, taco, shrimp, poblano, peppers, cheese