I could eat this salad every day! There’s just something about a taco salad that when you get all the flavors mixed up and combined it’s down-right delicious! And I really enjoy using a tortilla chip as a spoon to load it into my mouth! lol!
Two things make this salad really stand out. First, I used Wampler’s new Taco Meat (the hot variety). Traditionally taco meat is ground beef but this is ground pork with the seasoning already mixed in the meat. So you brown up the sausage and you’re done! I’m a huge fan and I will be using this going forward for all my taco nights!
Second, is the super simple Avocado ranch dressing. I could literally eat with a spoon…oh wait, I did. HA! The dressing is creamy and by using a ranch seasoning packet, you get lots of flavor. The dressing really pulls the entire dish togetherPrint
- 1lb Wampler’s Taco Meat (hot or mild)
- 2 heads of Romain lettuce – chopped
- 1/2 a red onion – chopped
- 1 tomato – chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- tortilla chips
Corn and Bean Mix
- 1 can black beans – drained and rinsed
- 1 can corn – drained
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tps Umami Seasoning Blend – or your favorite seasonings
Avocado Ranch Dressing
- 1 really ripe avocado
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 packet of Hidden Valley Ranch Seasoning
- 1/2 cup milk
- pinch of salt
- Brown the taco meat until cooked thoroughly.
- In a pot, mix together the black beans and corn, add seasonings and simmer 5-10 minutes while stirring occasionally.
- Prep the toppings – chop the lettuce, onion and tomato
- Make the avocado ranch dressing. In a bowl mash the avocado with a fork, while mashing drizzle in a little olive oil and a pinch of salt. Sprinkle in half of the ranch seasoning packet and 1/4 cup of milk. Taste and adjust with additional seasoning and milk to your preference.
- Assemble the salad and enjoy!
Keywords: Taco Salad with Avocado Ranch Dressing