It’s mid-March and in the south, we aren’t seeing fabulous fruit just yet but the citrus is banging!
So, while I wait another week or two for the best berries I thought I would use some navel and blood oranges to make a bright, light, and citrusy salad to get my taste buds ready for spring!
For this citrus salad, I used oranges but you could absolutely add in some grapefruit. I highly recommend the olives too, they add a really nice salty and briny flavor that pairs perfectly with the citrus.
For the salad dressing, you can find my homemade lime vinaigrette recipe here!Print
Springtime Citrus Salad with Olives and Lime Vinaigrette
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 2 1x
- Category: Salad
- 4 cups arugula or spring mix
- 2 blood oranges
- 2 navel oranges
- 1/4 cup kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup castelvetrano olives
- 1/2 cup lemon vinaigrette
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl add the arugula and drizzle on the lime vinaigrette a little at a time. You may prefer more or less, adjust to your taste. Toss to combine.
- Using a knife peel the oranges, removing the white pith. then cut round slices.
- Divide the arugula between the two bowls, top with olives and orange slices and a crack of salt and pepper.
- Enjoy immediately with some nice crunchy bread!
Keywords: salad, arugula, citrus, oranges, olives, dressing, healthy
Leave a Reply