I seem to always need a good vinaigrette and this one really hits the spot. I originally made this salad dressing for a steak salad but the fresh, tart, and hint of sweet flavors would go great on just about any protein from chicken to fish.
Honey Basil Lime Vinaigrette
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
- 8 fresh basil leaves – chopped very fine
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1/2 cup olive oil – I use Piro
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Combine all the ingredients in a mason jar and shake vigorously until everything is well combined. If time permits refrigerate 1 hour before use.
- Taste and adjust seasonings to your preference.
- Make ahead and store in an airtight glass container for up to 3 days.
- Use a really good, flavorful olive oil. The color should be a deep yellow and smell very fragrant. Skip the light extra virgin olive oil, it’s fine food cooking but not eating raw.
Keywords: basil, honey, lime, vinaigrette, salad dressing,
Leave a Reply