My mouth is watering for these fried olives as I’m typing! My friends introduced these amazing little bites to me at a holiday party and I’ve been obsessing over them ever since.
The Ralph Lauren restaurant in New York, The Polo Bar developed a recipe similar and foodies can’t get enough. These just something about these flavors just work magic in your mouth. I could literally eat an entire jar…in fact, I may have. lol!
Check out the recipe for these fried olives, the ingredients are really pretty simple but whatever you, don’t skip the spicy aioli it’s the thing that sends these olives over the top!
- 2 jars large green olives
- 2 eggs + 2 TBL water
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 1 cup grated parmesan
Spicy Aioli Dipping Sauce
- 1 cup sour cream (or plain yogurt)
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- cayenne pepper to your taste
- salt and pepper to your taste
- Drain and dry large green olives.
- Make a dredging station. Place flour, egg wash and panko in a shallow dish of their own. Working small batches, toss dried olives in flour, then toss in egg wash, then toss in panko breadcrumbs.
- Shallow pan fry in canola oil until light golden brown. Make sure the oil is hot before adding in all the olives.
- Make the dipping sauce: Add all ingredients to a bowl and mix well. Taste and adjust seasoning to your liking. If you have time, refrigerate for 1 hour before serving to allow flavors to marry and develop.
Keywords: olives, fried, panko breadcrumbs, parmesan, cheese appetizer