- 2 jars large green olives
- 2 eggs + 2 TBL water
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 1 cup grated parmesan
Spicy Aioli Dipping Sauce
- 1 cup sour cream (or plain yogurt)
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- cayenne pepper to your taste
- salt and pepper to your taste
- Drain and dry large green olives.
- Make a dredging station. Place flour, egg wash and panko in a shallow dish of their own. Working small batches, toss dried olives in flour, then toss in egg wash, then toss in panko breadcrumbs.
- Shallow pan fry in canola oil until light golden brown. Make sure the oil is hot before adding in all the olives.
- Make the dipping sauce: Add all ingredients to a bowl and mix well. Taste and adjust seasoning to your liking. If you have time, refrigerate for 1 hour before serving to allow flavors to marry and develop.
Keywords: olives, fried, panko breadcrumbs, parmesan, cheese appetizer