I really enjoy hosting parties, seeing everyone having a good time eating, laughing and making memories together, it warms my heart. I could have a Thanksgiving or Friendsgiving every month!
What I’ve noticed though is I will spend a lot of time on dessert than most people only want a small bite or none at all. So what I’ve started doing is making dessert platters to serve at some point after dinner with coffee. The platters consist of small, bite-sized sweets. I’ll include some chocolates, maybe some lemon squares, cookies and for the months of October and November I’ll be serving this pumpkin pie dip. I think people like small bites because then they can try everything and not feel as guilty. Another good thing about serving mini desserts is that it creates a nice break after dinner, everyone is stuffed and usually wants to walk around a bit before they dive into more food.
My favorite items to dip are ginger snaps and dried apple chips, I think they both pair really well with the pumpkin flavors. Other options you could dunk are fresh fruit like sliced apples, you could do graham crackers or even some biscoff cookies.
- 1 – 8 oz package cream cheese at room temperature
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar, sifted, not packed
- 1 (15-ounce) can pure pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 good dash each of:
- Ground Cinnamon / Ground Ginger / Ground Nutmeg / Allspice
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer, beat cream cheese until smooth and creamy.
- Add half the confectioners’ sugar at a time until everything in combined and smooth. Mix on high for a couple minutes to ensure a thorough mix.
- Add in pumpkin purée, vanilla, and spices. Continue mixing until thoroughly combined.
- Cover and chill for at least 1 hour.
I like to use a mini pumpkin as the serving dish, because I think it’s super cute and it adds character to the table. To get his little hat to stay on, I simply use a toothpick or two. Just be careful not to go all the way through the skin.
Be sure to wash your pumpkin well before you start to cut it and fill with your dip.
Keywords: Pumpkin Pie Dip