As the title would suggest this recipe is from the Bush’s Bean recipe vault! Bush’s Beans is a local company in the Knoxville area and has been making the best-canned beans for over 100 years.
Links in this post are part of the Amazon Associate program. I earn a small commission from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you.
I made two slight changes to the recipe. Their recipe calls for dark chocolate but I’m a milk chocolate kinda gal. Also, I like to use a brownie pan where each brownie comes out as an edge, they use an 8″ x 8″ pan, either way, these brownies are a crowd pleaser!
Did you know black beans are chaulked full of good nutrients? They are rich in protein, fiber and calcium which basically makes these brownies ‘healthy’… well ok maybe not super healthy but hey, anytime I can sneak in some good-for-me ingredients that a win for me! But there’s more!
The other thing I like about these brownies is how fluffy they are, they just kind of melt in your mouth. Also, they last for several days in an airtight container, which makes it great for snacking all week!
- 1 can (15 ounces) BUSH’S® Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips, plus more for the topping
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 2 large eggs
- 3 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 + 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts – optional
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Spray brownie pan with non-stick spray or if you’re using an 8” x 8”x 2” baking pan, grease with butter.
- Combine Bush’s Black Beans, chocolate chips, flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, salt, eggs, oil and vanilla extract in a blender or food processor.
- Secure lid and blend until mixture is smooth, about 2 minutes.
- Divide batter into each brownie square, filing just below the top. If using a baking pan spread batter evenly into the pan. If using, sprinkle chocolate and white chocolate chips and walnuts evenly over the top.
- Bake 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of brownies comes out clean.
- Allow brownies to cool for a few minutes before removing from pan or cutting into squares.