Pizza roll-ups are fun for the whole family! These tasty treats use minimal ingredients, are easy for kids to make, and only take a few minutes to bake.
This recipe is part of my Kids Cook Live on Instagram. During this time of quarantine, I wanted to create an activity for all the kids at home that would also help parents with filling the time. I like to think of this as Home Economics with Mrs. Krista. 🙂
Here’s a quick reference of ingredients and tools if you’d like to join the fun on Friday, April 24th!
- 1 can Pillsbury Crescent Rolls
- 4 cheese sticks or about 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 32 pepperoni (4 pepps per crescent roll)
- 1 cup marinara sauce (for dipping)
- 2 TBL butter
- 1/4 tsp each of dried oregano and basil
- dash of garlic powder
Preheat the oven to 375F. Prepare a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Roll out the crescent rolls (on the parchment paper) separating each one along the perforations.
- Place 4 pepperoni along the wide end of the recent roll.
- If using cheese sticks cut each one in half and place on the pepperoni. If using shredded mozzarella place a sprinkle of cheese on the pepperoni.
- Roll up the crescent roll starting at the widest end. Continue for all 8 rolls and place in the oven for 10 – 12 minutes.
- While the rolls are baking, melt the butter in the microwave (be careful it will be hot), add in the oregano, basil and garlic powder, stir to combine. Also, warm the marinara in the microwave for about 1 min, (be careful it will be hot).
- When the rolls are finished, brush with melted butter.
- Serve warm with marinara for dipping!
Keywords: Kid Friendly Pillsbury Pizza Rolls