Looking for a summer side dish that isn’t pasta or potato salad? Look no further, this salad is fresh, light, tons of flavor, and has a nice crunch from the blanched beans and pine nuts.
And another bonus…you can serve it cold or at room temp. No need to worry about anything spoiling at your summer picnic!
- 2 pounds fresh green beans trimmed and cut in half
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/4 cup minced red onion or shallots
- 1/2 cup craisins
- 3 cups mixed greens
- 1 + 1/2 cups fresh mozzarella pearls
- 1/2 cup toasted pine nuts or walnuts
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1 tsp of each salt, pepper, garlic powder
- Add all of the dressing ingredients to a mason jar and shake vigorously. Refrigerate dressing until ready to use. If serving salad within the hour, then place dressing in the freezer to quickly chill. The flavors really develop after chilling.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and stir in two tablespoons of salt. Add the green beans and cook 2 minutes. Meanwhile, prepare a large bowl of ice water. Using a slotted spoon, transfer beans to ice water to stop cooking. Drain the beans and pat dry. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Combine green beans with tomatoes, red onion, and craisins. Drizzle with some of the dressing, cover and chill one hour (time permitting). When ready to serve, toss with mixed greens, mozzarella, pine nuts and additional dressing.
- Chill until ready to serve.
Keywords: salad, green beans, mozzarella, tomatoes, pine nuts, basil