I love Greek food! My husband and I go out for Greek salads and pita wraps at least once a week. Recently my cravings for those fresh, crisp flavors of tzatziki were too much and I had to make my very own.
Y’all! This Greek chicken pita has so much flavor, I was licking every drop off the plate – not kidding! The cool crisp tzatziki with the warm chicken, sauteed onions and salty bite of the olives and feta make for a party in your mouth!
Make the tzatziki the day before and this pita makes for a great weeknight meal because it comes together in about 30 minutes and clean up is a breeze with only pan, a cutting board and knife. Give it a try and let me know what you think!
Greek Chicken Pita with Tzatziki
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 2–4 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: Greek
- 2 chicken breasts cut into strips
- 1/2 oregano
- 1/2 thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 yellow onion, sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
- tomatoes, sliced
- lettuce, shredded
- olives, chopped – I go with kalamata
- warmed pita pockets
- feta cheese
- Season chicken with oregano, thyme, salt and pepper then sauté in a pan with olive oil, when the exterior is cooked add in sliced onion and little more olive oil or a pat of butter. Sauté until chicken is cooked thru and onions have caramelized.
- While chicken and onions are cooking prep the toppings. Note: To warm Pita place in the oven or wrap with a damp paper towel and place in the microwave for 30 seconds.
- Assemble by adding the chicken and all the toppings to the pita – and lots of tzatziki!
Keywords: Greek, pita, chicken tzatziki, dinner
Leave a Reply