Are you ready for the easiest Thanksgiving side dish with a ton of flavor? Well, here it is! So many bonus points with the recipe too, minimal ingredients, only one baking sheet to clean, Keto friendly and you can customize the flavors in so many ways!
So here’s the thing, I don’t really like cabbage – at all. At least raw. Roast that same green head of cabbage and I become a huge fan. In fact, I’ll eat these ‘steaks’ anytime!
Looking for more Thanksgiving side dish inspiration? Scroll down for 7 more sides from my foodie friends!
8 Thanksgiving Veggie sides you’ll want at your table this year!
- 1 head of green cabbage
- 4 tablespoons of melted butter
- salt/pepper to your taste
- red pepper flakes to your taste
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- garlic powder
- olive oil
- thick balsamic vinegar
- 1/c cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 425F
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Slice the cabbage into 5 slices (or steaks), about 1″ thick.
- Using a pastry brush spread the melted butter on both sides of the cabbage and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- On the top of the slices sprinkle on the dried thyme, garlic powder, and a pinch of red pepper flakes. Drizzle liberally with olive oil.
- Place in the oven for 30 minutes or until cabbage has browned and the edges are crispy.
- To serve, drizzle with thick balsamic vinegar and sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Serve immediately while hot.
Keywords: Thanksgiving. side dish, cabbage, garlic, vegetarian