- 1 head of green cabbage
- 4 tablespoons of melted butter
- salt/pepper to your taste
- red pepper flakes to your taste
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- garlic powder
- olive oil
- thick balsamic vinegar
- 1/c cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 425F
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Slice the cabbage into 5 slices (or steaks), about 1″ thick.
- Using a pastry brush spread the melted butter on both sides of the cabbage and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- On the top of the slices sprinkle on the dried thyme, garlic powder, and a pinch of red pepper flakes. Drizzle liberally with olive oil.
- Place in the oven for 30 minutes or until cabbage has browned and the edges are crispy.
- To serve, drizzle with thick balsamic vinegar and sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Serve immediately while hot.
Keywords: Thanksgiving. side dish, cabbage, garlic, vegetarian