I think brunch might be my favorite meal of the day, definitely my favorite weekend meal.
These baked eggs are so yummy all wrapped up in flaky puff pastry. I like how quick and cute these look if you’re having friends over. The recipe is so easy to customize, swap out any ingredients with your favorites, the sky is the limit, get as creative as you’d like.
Additional Filling Ideas
Here are a few ingredient combinations that I like to use when making baked eggs, quiche, and omelets.
- Sausage and Butternut Squash with fresh sage
- Sautéed Broccoli and Cheddar Cheese
- The classic Ham and Cheese
- Chorizo and Black Beans with a dash of cumin
Watch the making of these baked egg tarts on WATE, Living East Tennessee
Baked Eggs Pastry Tart
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- 3 eggs
- 1 egg + a splash of water for an egg wash
- 1/4 whole milk or heavy cream
- Pinch or fresh or dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon green olives – chopped
- 1 tablespoon kalamata olives – chopped
- 1 tablespoon sun-dried tomatoes – chopped
- 1/4 cup feta – crumbled
- 1 sheet puff pastry – thawed but cool
- salt and pepper to taste
- chives and balsamic vinegar for garnish – optional
- Preheat oven to 425F
- In a bowl whisk together the 3 eggs and the milk, season with a pinch of salt and pepper and thyme.
- In a skillet, over medium heat add a drizzle of olive oil, when hot add the chopped olives and sun-dried tomatoes, and cook one to two minutes.
- Once the olives are warmed through add the egg mixture and proceed to cook and stir until eggs are almost cooked through. Stir in the feta cheese and remove from heat and set to the side.
- Roll out the puff pastry and cut four squares about 4″x 4″. Place a heaping spoonful of egg mixture into the middle of the pastry square. Fold up the edges over the egg, they should not be touching.
- Brush the egg wash over the puff pastry and bake about 15 minutes or until the pastry dough is golden brown.
- Top with chopped chives and a drizzle of balsamic vinegar. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Keywords: eggs, baked eggs, olives, sun-dried tomatoes, puff pastry, brunch, breakfast
Leave a Reply