Well, it’s that time of year! Ice cream time and I this is the perfect evening sweet tooth fix! I had never made my own ice cream before but one day I saw a bag of Nestle Toll House Morsels and More and the first thing that popped in my head was – ICE CREAM! So here we have it, I also added in some fruit preserves.
This ice cream really is so good and so easy. If you have full of people how al like different flavors that no problem because the base of the ice cream starts out the same. Everyone can literally make their own with their favorite fillings! Check out the list below for ideas to get you started!Print
Ice Cream base
- 1 (14oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2.5 cup heavy whipping cream (very cold)
Fillings – this is what I used but miss it up with anything you like!
- 1 package Nestle Toll House Morsels and More Strawberry
- 1/2 cup fruit preserves
- Reese’s Cups or Reese’s Pieces
- chocolate covered pretzels – roughly chopped
- Marshmallow fluff, chocolate fudge, and gram cracker pieces
- Pecans and caramel
- Fresh berries and (chopped) biscuits – i.e. strawberry shortcake
- coffee and chocolate
- Lemon zest and blueberries
- Fresh cherries and chocolate chips
- Mint chocolate chip – mint extract, green food coloring and chocolate chips
- Banana and peanut butter
- In a large bowl, combine the sweetened condensed milk and the heavy whipping cream. With an electric mixer, mix on high until thick and smooth. You should see soft peaks. Note: this can take a while, especially if your milk isn’t very cold. If you have a stand mixer it would be worth pulling it out for this job.
- In a deep dish (meatloaf pan, glass bowl, anything will work, even a plastic Tupperware-type container), pour in 1/3 of the thickened ice cream base, add in some jam and fillings, swirl around with a knife. Repeat the process until you have layered in all the ice cream base and toppings.
- Pop in the freezer for a minimum of 6 hours. Scoop and serve in your favorite cone or cup!