Ice Cream base
- 1 (14oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2.5 cup heavy whipping cream (very cold)
Fillings – this is what I used but miss it up with anything you like!
- 1 package Nestle Toll House Morsels and More Strawberry
- 1/2 cup fruit preserves
- Reese’s Cups or Reese’s Pieces
- chocolate covered pretzels – roughly chopped
- Marshmallow fluff, chocolate fudge, and gram cracker pieces
- Pecans and caramel
- Fresh berries and (chopped) biscuits – i.e. strawberry shortcake
- coffee and chocolate
- Lemon zest and blueberries
- Fresh cherries and chocolate chips
- Mint chocolate chip – mint extract, green food coloring and chocolate chips
- Banana and peanut butter
- In a large bowl, combine the sweetened condensed milk and the heavy whipping cream. With an electric mixer, mix on high until thick and smooth. You should see soft peaks. Note: this can take a while, especially if your milk isn’t very cold. If you have a stand mixer it would be worth pulling it out for this job.
- In a deep dish (meatloaf pan, glass bowl, anything will work, even a plastic Tupperware-type container), pour in 1/3 of the thickened ice cream base, add in some jam and fillings, swirl around with a knife. Repeat the process until you have layered in all the ice cream base and toppings.
- Pop in the freezer for a minimum of 6 hours. Scoop and serve in your favorite cone or cup!