These bars are one of my favorite Christmas indulgences. The soft and chewy blondie bar filled with fresh orange zest and sprinkled with white chocolate chips is the perfect marriage of flavors.
Orange Cranberry Bliss Bars – Starbucks Copycat
- Yield: 8-10
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
Blondie Cookie Bar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted (1 stick)
- 1 egg
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
White Chocolate Frosting
- 1 cup white chocolate chips, melted and divided
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries, chopped
Blondie Cookie Bar
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line an 8-by-8-inch pan with parchment paper. Note: you can use non-stick baking spray instead of parchment paper but the bars will be a little tricky to get out of the dish.
- In a medium microwave-safe bowl, melt the butter. To the melted butter (if very hot, allow it to cool slightly), add the egg, brown sugar, vanilla, and stir to combine.
- Add in the flour, salt, and stir until just combined, be careful not to overmix.
- Fold in 3/4 cup white chocolate chips, 1/2 cup cranberries, orange zest, and stir to combine.
- Pour batter into a prepared baking dish, smoothing it lightly if necessary.
- Bake for 18 to 21 minutes and center is set and golden or until edges begin to slightly pull away from sides of the pan, or a toothpick comes out clean; do not overbake. Note: the center of the cake will look under-baked, this is what you want, just make sure the toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow bars to cool before you frost them and before removing from the baking dish. While they cool, make the frosting.
For the Frosting and Topping:
- In a medium microwave-safe bowl, melt the white chocolate for 1 minute, reheating in 10-second intervals, or until it can be stirred smooth. Melting chocolate in the microwave can lead to scorching so melt slowly, and keep an eye on it.
- To the bowl combine the cream cheese, white chocolate, 2 cups confectioners’ sugar, vanilla, and beat until smooth and fluffy. Add additional confectioners’ sugar if you prefer a thicker frosting.
- Frost the bars and sprinkle 1/2 cup chopped cranberries over the top of the frosted bars.
- Allow bars to set up for at least 30 minutes in the refrigerator before slicing and serving. Slice in triangles like Starbucks or squares.
Keywords: dessert, Christmas, holiday, baking, cranberry, orange, white chocolate
Leave a Reply