These tacos are on repeat at my house! They are so fast to make and are basically a one-pan meal, which you know, is high on my list of priorities for a weeknight meal.
Let’s talk shrimp! My favorite frozen shrimp are from Trader Joe’s, Red Argentinian, they’re so soft and have a really good flavor.
Now for tacos, I like to cut up my shrimp because I feel like you get a lot more shrimp per bite. Yes, I like a lot of shrimp! The recipe below is just to get you started, feel free to add other spices as you like. I went with traditional flavors like cumin, paprika and ground coriander. Oh and if you like spicey add in some heat with a pinch of grounded pepper flake!
Mexican Shrimp Street Tacos
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 6 tacos 1x
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: Mexican
- 1 lb large uncooked shrimp – deveined, peeled and each shrimp cut into 3 pieces
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 or 2 cloves of garlic – chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- pinch of ground coriander (optional)
- salt/pepper to your taste
- 1 avocado
- 1 lime – cut in half
- 1 lime – cut into wedges for serving
- 1/2 of a red onion – chopped for topping
- 1 ripe tomato – chopped for topping
- 6 small corn tortillas
- olive oil
- Salsa or spicy ranch – optional
- In a deep skillet heat a drizzle of olive oil over medium heat, once hot add the garlic and cook for about 2 minutes then add the shrimp and sprinkle with onion powder, cumin, paprika, coriander, salt and pepper. Cook until shrimp are pink, about 3-5 minutes. Once finished cooking squeeze half a lime over the shrimp.
- Prepare the avocado. Slice open and scoop out the inside, place in a bowl, squeeze in the other half of lime juice and sprinkle with salt, pepper. Using a fork mash up the avocado to a chunky/smooth consistency.
- Heat tortillas in a skillet or oven (you could also place tortillas between damp paper towels and warm in the microwave for a few seconds).
- Assemble. Spread out the smashed avocado on each tortilla shell, then pile on the shrimp and add your toppings, red onion, tomato, salsa, and/or ranch. Serve with lime wedges.
Keywords: Mexican Shrimp Street Tacos
Leave a Reply