- 1 lb large uncooked shrimp – deveined, peeled and each shrimp cut into 3 pieces
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 or 2 cloves of garlic – chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- pinch of ground coriander (optional)
- salt/pepper to your taste
- 1 avocado
- 1 lime – cut in half
- 1 lime – cut into wedges for serving
- 1/2 of a red onion – chopped for topping
- 1 ripe tomato – chopped for topping
- 6 small corn tortillas
- olive oil
- Salsa or spicy ranch – optional
- In a deep skillet heat a drizzle of olive oil over medium heat, once hot add the garlic and cook for about 2 minutes then add the shrimp and sprinkle with onion powder, cumin, paprika, coriander, salt and pepper. Cook until shrimp are pink, about 3-5 minutes. Once finished cooking squeeze half a lime over the shrimp.
- Prepare the avocado. Slice open and scoop out the inside, place in a bowl, squeeze in the other half of lime juice and sprinkle with salt, pepper. Using a fork mash up the avocado to a chunky/smooth consistency.
- Heat tortillas in a skillet or oven (you could also place tortillas between damp paper towels and warm in the microwave for a few seconds).
- Assemble. Spread out the smashed avocado on each tortilla shell, then pile on the shrimp and add your toppings, red onion, tomato, salsa, and/or ranch. Serve with lime wedges.
Keywords: Mexican Shrimp Street Tacos