National Chili Day is February 24, 2022 and I’m here to celebrate in a big way with a bold flavor-fusion chili recipe!
Eat Just Like Home and I have partnered to show you how easy it is to turn all-natural, authentic sauce into chili for your friends and family to devour!
I like to cook from around the world so for this recipe I used the Chicago-Style Bolognese sauce and paired it with spicy Mexican Chorizo. The end result is nothing short of a flavor explosion in your mouth.
Using a jar of Eat Just Like Home marinara sauce will instantly raise your chili flavor tenfold! You see, every jar is packed with natural ingredients, herbs and seasonings to form a recipe that has been inspired by home cooks like you and me – you can even see a picture of the home cook right on the jar.
I’m a huge fan of using shortcuts to not only cut down my kitchen time but also eliminate the need to buy tons of ingredients. So I created this recipe using several things I already had in my pantry, like canned beans and tomatoes along with some household seasonings like cumin and chili powder.
Mexican Chorizo Chili with Eat Just Like Home
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 45 min
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 4–6 1x
- Category: Soup
- Cuisine: Mexican
1 jar Eat Just Like Home – Chicago Style Bolognese
1 sweet onion – chopped
1 poblano pepper – chopped
- 1lb Mexican chorizo
- 1 can diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 can black beans – drained and rinsed well
1/2 TBL cumin
1/2 TBL chili powder
- salt and pepper
cayenne pepper to your taste
- tortilla chips for serving
Garnish – optional
- shredded cheese or cotija cheese
- sour cream
- fresh cilantro
- In a deep, heavy bottom pot heat a drizzle of olive oil over medium heat. When warm add chopped onions and poblano peppers. Season with a little salt and pepper. Continue to cook until soft.
- Add in the chorizo. Cook, breaking into small bite-sized pieces. When nearly cooked, add in the can of tomatoes with chilies (with the juice), the cumin, chili powder salt, pepper and cayenne, if using. Simmer and stir for 30 minutes, allowing all the ingredients time to work together.
- Add in the jar of Eat Like Home Chicago Style Bolognese and black beans. Continue to simmer for another 15 minutes allowing all the flavors to come together. Taste and adjust seasonings to your liking.
- Top with garnish, serve wth tortilla chips and enjoy!
Eat Just Like Home Sauces can be found at the following retailers.
– Albertsons, Amazon, Brookshire, Market Street, Schnucks, Sprouts Farmers Market, United Supermarket, Woodman’s Market
Keywords: chili, poblano, peppers, cheese, Mexican, soup, dinner, super bowl
Leave a Reply