1 jar Eat Just Like Home – Chicago Style Bolognese
1 sweet onion – chopped
1 poblano pepper – chopped
- 1lb Mexican chorizo
- 1 can diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 can black beans – drained and rinsed well
1/2 TBL cumin
1/2 TBL chili powder
- salt and pepper
cayenne pepper to your taste
- tortilla chips for serving
Garnish – optional
- shredded cheese or cotija cheese
- sour cream
- fresh cilantro
- In a deep, heavy bottom pot heat a drizzle of olive oil over medium heat. When warm add chopped onions and poblano peppers. Season with a little salt and pepper. Continue to cook until soft.
- Add in the chorizo. Cook, breaking into small bite-sized pieces. When nearly cooked, add in the can of tomatoes with chilies (with the juice), the cumin, chili powder salt, pepper and cayenne, if using. Simmer and stir for 30 minutes, allowing all the ingredients time to work together.
- Add in the jar of Eat Like Home Chicago Style Bolognese and black beans. Continue to simmer for another 15 minutes allowing all the flavors to come together. Taste and adjust seasonings to your liking.
- Top with garnish, serve wth tortilla chips and enjoy!
Eat Just Like Home Sauces can be found at the following retailers.
– Albertsons, Amazon, Brookshire, Market Street, Schnucks, Sprouts Farmers Market, United Supermarket, Woodman’s Market
Keywords: chili, poblano, peppers, cheese, Mexican, soup, dinner, super bowl