This one of my favorite lunches. I’ll make a big batch at the beginning of the week then eat it for lunch the next couple of days. It’s obvious but this chicken salad recipe is simply a launching point – get as creative as you can and add in as many flavors as you’d like!
I don’t particularly like a chicken salad with too much mayonnaise so I swap some of it for mustard and olive oil. I call this a Mediterranean chicken salad because I use lots of olives, sun-dried tomatoes, and capers!
Links in this post are part of the Amazon Associate program. I earn a small commission from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you.
- 1 – 12.5oz can chicken breast – drained well
- 1/4 cup mayo – I use the avocado mayo
- a big drizzle of good quality olive oil
- 1/2 sweet onion – diced small
- 2 tablespoons chopped sundried tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons sliced black olives
- 1 tablespoon capers (or sub chopped green olives)
- 1 tablespoon grainy mustard
- salt/pepper to taste
- In a large bowl mix all the ingredients together until well combined.
- Taste and adjust salt/pepper to your liking.
- Eat immediately or refrigerate in an airtight container for up to a week.
- I like to eat this with Blue Diamon Nut Thins, Pecan but it would be great to eat on a sandwich, on top of a salad, or keep it low carb and eat with celery sticks.
If you choose not to use the canned chicken breast and cook your own or use a rotisserie chicken you may need to adjust the mayo and mustard. The canned chicken is moist from being in the water and therefore doesn’t need as much add-in’s.
Keywords: Mediterranean Chicken Salad