Move over ketchup and mustard there’s a new hot dog condiment in town and its name is marinara sauce!
This Italian hot dog combines the best of grilled food and those Italian flavors everyone loves – fresh basil, parmesan cheese and of course the marinara sauce. Just Like Home‘s marinara is all natural and full of robust flavors.
The classic grilled hot dog is a staple at any summer picnic but I wanted to jazz it up and thus this simple, but tasty specialty Italian hot dog was born!
Wait! There’s more!
Just Like Home has six different flavors to try! For this recipe, I used the Zesty Tomato Basil and cheese, I wanted those classic Italian flavors and this one hit the mark!
- Buttery Marinara
- Zesty Tomato Basil and Cheese
- N.Y. Lip Smackin’ Garlic
- Chicago-Style Bolognese
- Mushroom Cabernet
- Sweet Potato Pomodoro
Did you know that Just Like Home recipes are inspired by real home cooks like you and me? Take a look, each of their names and faces are featured on the jars to showcase the creator!
A fun way to jass up your next outdoor BBQ!
- 6 hot dogs – the brand of your choice
- 6 buns
- 2 cups Just Like Home, Zesty Tomato Basil and Cheese sauce
- shaved parmesan cheese
- fresh basil
- 6 slices of salami
- chopped pepperchinis
- Cook hot dogs on the grill or n the stovetop.
- Lightly toast the buns, on the grill or in your oven. If using the oven heat to 350F and toast for about 8 minutes or untillightly brown and warmed through.
- In a small pot heat the Just Like Home sauce over medium heat until hot.
- Crisp the salami – over indirect heat, grill until crispy or place in the oven on a baking sheet lined with parchmet paper.
- Assemble – I like to put a little sauce ont eh bun to start, add the salami then place the hot dog, add more sauce and top with cheese and pepperchinis. Eat while hot and enjoy!
Keywords: Hot dog, marinara, Italian, basil, sauce, salami, gilling