Today I did my first Instagram Live cooking video where I invited kids and their parents to follow along and cook with me. We made these super easy pretzel bites that seemed to be a big hit!
This recipe has minimal ingredients and only a few steps, making it great for the kiddos. The best part, however, was getting to see pictures of all the kids with their pretzels. The smile on their faces was priceless, they were all so proud and I was proud of them!
- 1 can refrigerated biscuit dough
- 4 cups of water
- 1/4 cup baking soda
- 1 large egg, beaten
- Optional Toppings: coarse salt, cinnamon sugar, sesame seeds, poppy seeds
One of my personal favs is Trader Joes ‘Everything But The Bagel Seasoning’
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.(or use a non stick baking sheet sprayed with non-stick spray)
- In a medium pot, combine water and baking soda. Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer.
- Cut each biscuit into 4 pieces, then roll each piece into a ball.
- Using a knife, carve an X into each ball.
- Gently place 6 to 8 dough balls into the simmering water. Cook for 30 seconds. (Note – try not to let the dough cook in the water much longer than 20 seconds. If it cooks too long the baking soda will make the pretzels taset bad.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and transfer to your baking sheet, make sure the pretzels aren’t touching.
- Brush beaten egg over each pretzel, then sprinkle with your choice of toppings (salt, cinnamon/sugar, etc).
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Keep an eye on them, they will brown up quickly!
Serve with mustard, cheese or your favorite dipping sauce!