- 1 can refrigerated biscuit dough
- 4 cups of water
- 1/4 cup baking soda
- 1 large egg, beaten
- Optional Toppings: coarse salt, cinnamon sugar, sesame seeds, poppy seeds
One of my personal favs is Trader Joes ‘Everything But The Bagel Seasoning’
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.(or use a non stick baking sheet sprayed with non-stick spray)
- In a medium pot, combine water and baking soda. Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer.
- Cut each biscuit into 4 pieces, then roll each piece into a ball.
- Using a knife, carve an X into each ball.
- Gently place 6 to 8 dough balls into the simmering water. Cook for 30 seconds. (Note – try not to let the dough cook in the water much longer than 20 seconds. If it cooks too long the baking soda will make the pretzels taset bad.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and transfer to your baking sheet, make sure the pretzels aren’t touching.
- Brush beaten egg over each pretzel, then sprinkle with your choice of toppings (salt, cinnamon/sugar, etc).
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Keep an eye on them, they will brown up quickly!
Serve with mustard, cheese or your favorite dipping sauce!