I had forgotten just how much I enjoy a Rice Krispy Treats! This is a classic treat I used to make with mom, we always had so much fun in the kitchen. But when we made Rice Krispy Treat we never added candies to them but I thought, why not, let’s make these treats extra special this year!
This is the third Kids Cooking Live on Instagram recipe! I’m having so much fun and I think the kiddos are too. If you miss the live cooking class check back here, I’ll upload the recorded video after the class has finished.
If you are planning to tune into Kids Cooking Live on Instagram, this Friday, April 10th at 12Noon EST these are the tools and ingredients you’ll need. Hope to see you then!
Easter Rice Krispy Treats
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 10
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 package (10 oz., about 40) JET-PUFFED Marshmallows
- 4 cups JET-PUFFED Miniature Marshmallows
- 6 cups Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies® cereal
- 1 bag mini Cadbury Eggs – or your favorite Easter candy. i.e. Reeses Pieces, jelly beans, M&M’s, etc.
- If using mini Cadbury Eggs, place 3/4 of the bag of candies in a ziploc bag and crush slightly.
- In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
- Add Rice Krispies cereal and (crushed candies). Stir until well coated.
- Using a spatula evenly press mixture into 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray then sprinkle on the reamining candies. Cool. Cut into 2-inch squares.
Leave a Reply