Need a quick and easy Halloween snack? I have just the thing! My 4th of July Chex mix was so popular I had to make a spook-tacular version! You literally pour all the ingredients into a bowl, microwave some chocolate, mix and you’re done!
I don’t know what it is but everyone loves this simple treat! It’s sweet and salty, crunchy and yummy! It’s a great treat to serve in a big bowl at a party or divide into small treat bags for the kids!
- Half a box of Chex (I used the corn variety)
- 3 handfuls salted pretzels
- 2 handfuls cashews (feel free to swap for your favorite nut or omit all together)
- 3 (5oz) bags candy corn (or your favorite Halloween candies)
- 1 box melting chocolate (at Target) they have milk and white chocolate – I went for the the almond white chocolate
1. Combine all the dry ingredients into a large bowl and toss lightly to combine.
2. Melt chocolate according to package.
3. Pour half the chocolate over dry mix, stir gently to coat the ingredients then add the remaining melted chocolate. Continuing mixing gently, coating everything.
4. Turn mixture out onto parchment paper and spread out a little and let harden, about 10 or 15 minutes.
5. Break up into smaller pieces, serve and enjoy!
Note: In the photo there’s a little chocolate drizzle on top. I added it because I had some leftover from another recipe, its not necessary and does make it a litle more messy to eat. So it’s your call to add it or not. 🙂
Keywords: Halloween Chex Mix