I jumped on the smoothie bowl train and I’m glad I did. Now it’s not something I make every day because really I’m not getting up any earlier than I have to and this takes a little long for a weekday breakfast. But on the weekend, it’s game on. Healthy, satisfying and pretty to look at, what more could we ask for in a breakfast bowl. Enjoy!
Acai Berry Smoothie Bowl
Suggested ingredients: Substitute with your favorites 🙂
- 1 pack frozen acai – found at Whole Foods
- 1 banana frozen (or fresh works just as well)
- 1C Fresh fruit – I used blue berries and blackberries, simply b/c that’s what I had on hand.
- 1/3 cup coconut milk – more or less based on how think you like it.
- 1/3 C plain Greek yogurt – optional, but I like getting in the probiotics
- 3 tbsp ground flax seed
- 1 tbsp of almond butter
- A drizzle of agave nectar or honey – optional, based on your sweet tooth
For the toppings: These are ideas to get you started, sky’s the limit, use your imagination and jazz it up however you like! 🙂
- Fresh berries
- banana, sliced
- spoonful of almond butter
- tbsp unsweetened coconut flakes
- Sliced almonds, walnuts, any nut you like will do
- chia seeds
- Place all the main ingredients in a blender until smooth. If too thick, keep adding a little coconut milk or yogurt until it reaches the desired consistency.
- Place in a bowl and add your toppings.
Leave a Reply