Need a low carb, Keto-friendly side dish that sacrifices zero flavor? This is it! My husband legitimately thought this was mashed potatoes.
The trick is use both riced cauliflower and mashed cauliflower. Together the consistency is like a thick and chunky mashed potato. Jazz it up with some sour cream, garlic, chives and butter and you have one heck of a tasty side dish!
- 1 package of riced cauliflower (frozen section)
- 1 package or cauliflower mash (frozen section)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup cream or milk (optional)*
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons butter
- salt and pepper
- In a pot over medium heat place the riced cauliflower with a 1/4 cup of water. Stir until cauliflower pieces are warm.
- Caulimash – if you are using mashed cauliflower that comes in a plastic container microwave it for a couple of minutes so you can easily remove it from the container. If you are using the caulimash that comes in a bag, simply add it to the warmed riced cauliflower. Stir until everything is thawed and combined.
- Add in the sour cream and season with chopped chives, salt, pepper, garlic powder and butter. Stir and continue cooking over low heat for about 8 minutes. Taste and add more seasonings if needed.
- *milk or cream – use only if you would like a thinner consistency.
Keywords: Caulifower, riced cauliflower, keto, low carb, garlic