Would you believe this is my first slow cooker recipe? Generally speaking, I’m not a huge fan of small kitchen appliances like crock pots, air fryers, and insta pots. It’s not that I have anything again them, but I like to be involved in the cooking, I just really enjoy the entire process.
Well, this recipe may have just changed all that! My husband couldn’t stop eating it he asked if there were leftovers because he wanted to eat it again tomorrow!
The chicken cooked up so tender it was falling apart. The flavor combo of the lemon, artichokes and sun-dried tomatoes was so good! As for a side dish, you could steam a green vegetable, serve over spaghetti, rice or what I did to keep it low carb was make a sour cream and chive cauliflower mash!
- 4 boneless chicken breast (or chicken of your choice)
- 1 jar baby artichokes in water – drained
- 1 sweet onion – sliced
- 1/4 cup chicken stock or broth
- juice from one large lemon
- 6 slices of lemon
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes – julienned or chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add the sliced onion to the bottom of the slow cooker. Season chicken with salt and pepper and lay on top of the onions.
- In a bowl combine the stock, lemon juice, garlic, sun-dried tomatoes, thyme, oregano, and paprika. Stir to combine.
- Pour the liquid into the slow cooker, dispersing over all the ingredients. Top with lemon slices.
- Cook HIGH 3-4 or LOW 6-8.
- Add drained artichokes. Cook an additional 30 minutes.
- Serve over caulimash, rice, or spaghetti
Keywords: chicken, dinner, slow cooker, onions, artichokes, sun dried tomatoes, lemon