Need a last minute dessert? This cannoli dip is so easy and quick to make. Because we’re not filling cannoli shells we don’t have to worry about straining and drying out the ricotta which speeds up the process.
A good cannoli is one of my all-time favorite desserts. But then I do have an obsession with ricotta cheese. I love the flavor, the texture, and the consistency, it’s so light and works well in baked goods as well as on its own. So it’s no surprise I was eating this dip with a spoon! ha!
To serve, I used a few broken waffle cones but any sort of waffle cookie or even graham crackers would also be a great choice! Enjoy!
- 1 (15oz) container whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1 (8oz) package cream cheese at room temperature
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk or semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 6 waffle cones – broken into large pieces or graham crackers
- In a medium bowl combine the ricotta cheese, cream cheese, confectioners sugar and vanilla extract. Using an electric mixer, blend until everything is well combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Serve with broken waffle cone pieces or graham crackers.
Keywords: ricotta, dessert, chocolate, Italian, dip