Semi-homemade ham and cheese hot pockets are the perfect kid (or adult) lunch. These are easy enough for the kids to make – with a little help when it comes to the oven.
These pockets are really easy to customize to your liking, not a fan of ham and cheese swap out those ingredients for sliced turkey or even some cheese and pepperoni!
These hot pockets were part of my cooking series Kids Cook Live, where I invite kids and their parent to join me in the kitchen via Instagram Live! If you have kiddos check out my Instagram every Friday for a new class!Print
- 1 roll of Pillsbury Crescent Dough Sheet
- 8 slices of deli ham (or turkey or a combination)
- 8 slices of cheese – I used yellow American cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Preheat the oven to 375F
- Roll out the crescent dough on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper
- Cut the dough into 4 or 8 rectangles (if you want large pockets go with 8 slices).
- Lay half of once slice of cheese on the dough towards the end. Then place on 2 slices of ham and top with other pieces of cheese.
- Fold the other end of the dough up and over the ham and cheese. Using a fork crimp all the way around the edge.
- In a small bowl crack the egg and add the milk. Whisk until combined then brush ontop and all-around the edge with the egg wash.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 15 minutes or until golden brown!
Keywords: Pillsbury Ham and Cheese Pockets