A little soft and chewy, chocolaty and crunchy and yes, a little spicy too! You’re gonna want to try these cookies! I used to think I didn’t like gingerbread cookies, I guess because I associated it with the hard, and so crunchy (they were like dust) little men shapes – lol! But then I made a soft and chewy cookie and I fell in love with gingerbread!
These cookies scream ginger and provide the perfect amount of crispy and chewy. The secret is cayenne pepper, just a little goes a long way. I know it sounds odd to think of a spicy cookie but it works with the ginger plus the Nutella cools it down. These guys will be the star of your next cookie-swap party!Print
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1+1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 3/4 cup butter – softened
- 1 cup sugar (plus about 1/4 cup to roll the dough in before baking)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cups Nutella
- 1 cup caramel sauce
- 1 cup pecans- chopped
- 1/2 cup shaved white chocolate – I buy a block and use a vegetable peeler to make shavings
Preheat oven to 350F
- In a small mixing bowl, mix the flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, ginger, and cayenne pepper together. Set aside.
- In a separate larger bowl, cream together the butter, 1 cup sugar, egg, and molasses. Beat with an electric mixer for at least 2 minutes.
- Slowly add the dry mixture to the wet mixture and mix together (using the electric mixer) until well combined.
- Place the extra 1/4 cup sugar in a small bowl.
- Use a cookie scoop to scoop out tablespoon-sized balls and plop into the sugar. Pick up the bowl and swirl around until the dough is covered in the sugar and has formed a ball.
- Place cookie dough balls on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake cookies at 350° for 10 minutes.
- Once the cookies have cooled a little dollop a little Nutella on each cookie. Then, sprinkle on a couple of chopped pecans. Next, sprinkle on the shaved white chocolate and finally drizzle on the caramel sauce. So good you can’t have just one.
Keywords: Nutella Caramel Gingerbread Cookies
Thank you so much stopping by my food blog, I appreciate your time and would love to hear any feedback.
Please leave a note in the comments section below and if you make this recipe tag your image using #DESOCIOINTHEKITCHEN.