- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1+1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 3/4 cup butter – softened
- 1 cup sugar (plus about 1/4 cup to roll the dough in before baking)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cups Nutella
- 1 cup caramel sauce
- 1 cup pecans- chopped
- 1/2 cup shaved white chocolate – I buy a block and use a vegetable peeler to make shavings
Preheat oven to 350F
- In a small mixing bowl, mix the flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, ginger, and cayenne pepper together. Set aside.
- In a separate larger bowl, cream together the butter, 1 cup sugar, egg, and molasses. Beat with an electric mixer for at least 2 minutes.
- Slowly add the dry mixture to the wet mixture and mix together (using the electric mixer) until well combined.
- Place the extra 1/4 cup sugar in a small bowl.
- Use a cookie scoop to scoop out tablespoon-sized balls and plop into the sugar. Pick up the bowl and swirl around until the dough is covered in the sugar and has formed a ball.
- Place cookie dough balls on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake cookies at 350° for 10 minutes.
- Once the cookies have cooled a little dollop a little Nutella on each cookie. Then, sprinkle on a couple of chopped pecans. Next, sprinkle on the shaved white chocolate and finally drizzle on the caramel sauce. So good you can’t have just one.
Keywords: Nutella Caramel Gingerbread Cookies