When I first posted these cookies to Instagram I had a couple people tell me they were surprised that I used a store-bought dough. Well, I will let you in on a little secret…when there’s a delicious short-cut to baking – I will always take it!
This is not a paid post, I use products I like and trust then share the knowledge. Nestle Toll House knows what they are doing when it comes to chocolates and baked goods so I have no problem (and in fact, prefer) trusting the professionals! Not only did I save time, but I also didn’t have to fiddle with getting out all the ingredients and extra equipment plus I saved money too – all the ingredients are already built-in – HA!
Check out these jazzed up chocolate chip cookies below and let me know what you think! I legit ate four the moment after I topped them with the caramel!
- (1) 24 count Nestle Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough (it’s the rectangle pkg, not the roll)
- 2 cups chopped pecans – chopped very very small*
- 2 cups melted Nestle milk chocolate chips
- 48 whole pecans
- (1) 11oz bag caramels, plastic removed
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Cut apart all 24 squares of cookie dough then cut each square in half again. Roll all 48 pieces of cookie dough into round balls.
- *Chop the pecans very small with a knife or pulse a few times in a food processor. Be careful not to turn the pecans into dust with the food processor, you want some small pieces to remain.
- Roll the cookie dough balls in the pecan crumbles. You may need to press gently to get the nuts to stick.
- Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake 10 – 12 minutes. When the cookies come out of the oven use the back of a small spoon to make a divot in the center of the cookies.
- While the cookies are baking, melt the chocolate and the caramel. Place chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl and heat in increments of 30 seconds, stirring after every 30 seconds. Do not overcook, chocolate burns easily. In a separate bowl add the caramels and the heavy cream. Melt in the microwave for about 2 minutes, string after one minute.
- After you have made the divots in all of the cookies, spoon a small dollop of chocolate into the center and place one whole pecan on top of the chocolate. Then drizzle with the melted caramel.
Keywords: Christmas cookies, chocolate, caramel, pecans, semi-homemade