This week on Kids Cook Live, I wanted to teach the kiddos how to make their very own scrambled eggs! And to make it a little more fun I thought we should roll it up in a tortilla shell!
I’ll be adding ham and cheese to mine but feel free to let kids imaginations run free! Add in some cooked sausage, diced veggies, black beans, anything they like…or maybe something you’d like them to eat!Print
Kid-Approved Breakfast Burritos
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 10
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 2 burritos 1x
- Category: breakfast
- 2 flour tortillas
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- 1 cup cooked sausage
- Optional fillings: ham, beans, rice, chopped veggies
- non-stick oil spray
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine eggs, milk, salt and pepper, whisk to combine.
- Heat a small non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Once hot pour in the egg and gently move the egg around until 80% of the egg is cooked. Then turn off the heat and continue to gently move around the egg. Note: Overcooking or over stirring will result in a more dense egg.
- Start filling the burrito. Place half the cheese in a straight line across the tortilla. Add the remaining fillings on top of one another.
- Fold the burrito. Fold in the two sides up and over the filling, just an inch. Bring the shell that closest your body up and over the side and the filling, keep rolling. Leave the burrito with the seam side down.
- Spray the burritos with oil and bake in the oven for about 10 minutes, or until the center is hot and the filling is warmed through!
- I like to cut in half on the diagonal and serve with salsa!
Keywords: Ham and Cheese Breakfast Burrito, Kid Approved
Leave a Reply