Who likes an appetizer that looks fancy but takes all of 10 minutes to make? I see those hands in the air and I’ve got you covered!
Anytime you want to elevate a simple appetizer, serve guests individual servings. In most cases it doesn’t really take that much longer to assemble small plates than it would to arrange on a large platter. And with so many people being cautious about viruses, individual servings cut down on the double dipping. LOL!
A cold shrimp cocktail is great for summer but in the winter I crave warm food! So for this appetizer, I seasoned the shrimp with some basic seasonings, sautéed in a pan for about 3 minutes each side, threaded on a cute toothpick and we were ready to go! Use store-bought cocktail sauce to make this app even quicker or make your own with ketchup and horseradish.
Looking for more holiday appetizers to fill your table?
Check out my foodie friends’ recipes below! Together, we have apps for everyone and every taste bud! We have sweet and savory, Thai, Middle Eastern, and even a way to utilize leftovers.
Hot Shrimp Cocktail
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 10 1x
- Category: Appetizer
- 30 jumbo shrimp – uncooked with tail on
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 tablespoon paprika
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 tablespoon Old Bay
- 1/4 teaspoon salt +/- to your taste
- 1/2 a lemon
- a sprinkle of red pepper flake (optional)
- about 10 tablespoons of cocktail sauce for dipping
- 10 long toothpicks
- 10 tall parfait containers – I purchased plastic from Amazon
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat melt the butter.
- Place the shrimp on paper towels, pat to dry. Sprinkle with the paprika, garlic powder, Old Bay and salt. place the shrimp (seasoning side down) in the hot butter. Sprinkle the other side with the seasonings.
- Cook on each side for about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and thread 3 shrimp on each toothpick.
- Place about 1 tablespoon of the cocktail sauce in the bottom of each parfait container and place the skewered shrimp in the parfait container. Repeat with the remaining shrimp.
Keywords: shrimp, appetizer, cocktail, easy app
Soooooo good & sooooooo easy!
Hi Jillian – thank you so much for trying my shrimp recipe and an even bigger THANK YOU for taking the time to leave a review! I am so glad you enjoyed the shrimp! Thank you again!