Get your taste buds ready! This summer salad has so much flavor and comes together really easily, I bet you’ll be making it all season long. As I was making it I couldn’t stop tasting it, I think I ate half of it before it ever made it to the table! HA!
I chose to grill the corn because I like the little bits of charred kernels, I think it really adds to the flavor of the dish. But boiling the corn is completely fine too, the salad will be just a tasty!
- 6 ears of sweet corn
- 1.5 cups cherry tomatoes – cut in half
- 1 English cucumber – seeds removed and chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion or shallot – sliced very thin
- 2 avocados – chopped
- 1 jalapeno – seeded and shopped small
- 1/2 cilantro – chopped
- 3 limes
- salt and pepper
- Over medium-high heat grill the corn until kernels and soft and charred. Or boil the corn until tender if you prefer.
- Meanwhile, chop the vegetables. In a large mixing bowl combine the tomatoes, cucumber, onion, avocado, jalapeno and cilantro. Stir gently to combine, season with salt and pepper. Juice all 3 limes into the bowl of ingredients.
- When the corn is finished, remove kernels from the cob and add to the vegetable mixture. Stir well taste and season with more salt and pepper to your liking. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Serve and enjoy this delicious summer salad!
Keywords: corn, salad, side dish, avocado, summer salad, grilling