- 6 ears of sweet corn
- 1.5 cups cherry tomatoes – cut in half
- 1 English cucumber – seeds removed and chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion or shallot – sliced very thin
- 2 avocados – chopped
- 1 jalapeno – seeded and shopped small
- 1/2 cilantro – chopped
- 3 limes
- salt and pepper
- Over medium-high heat grill the corn until kernels and soft and charred. Or boil the corn until tender if you prefer.
- Meanwhile, chop the vegetables. In a large mixing bowl combine the tomatoes, cucumber, onion, avocado, jalapeno and cilantro. Stir gently to combine, season with salt and pepper. Juice all 3 limes into the bowl of ingredients.
- When the corn is finished, remove kernels from the cob and add to the vegetable mixture. Stir well taste and season with more salt and pepper to your liking. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Serve and enjoy this delicious summer salad!
Keywords: corn, salad, side dish, avocado, summer salad, grilling