I love peach season! I bought a big bag of fresh peaches and have been using them in anything and everything I can think of. I used to pick peaches with with my grandmother so this summertime fruit definitely holds a special place in my heart.
These peach ricotta pancakes are perfect for an easy weekend breakfast or a big brunch with friends and family. I have two recipes for you below, one using a boxed mix and one from scratch. Personally I find the box mix does a lovely job but it’s your preference.
Not a fan of peaches or can’t find them in season? Try one of these fruits or a combination!
- Raspberries or Blackberries
- Bananas/ Chocolate Chips
- Fresh Cherries
- 2 cups pancake mix
- 1 cup cold milk
- 1/2 ricotta cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon zest
- 5 ripe peaches, peeled and chopped small
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 stick of butter
- To a large mixing bowl add the pancake mix.
- In a separate bowl whisk the eggs and ricotta cheese together. Pour into the pancake mix, add the milk and lemon zest. Stir well. Be sure scrape the bottom of the bowl to incorporate the dry ingredients.
- Make the peach compote. In a small pot add 3 of the chopped peaches, maple syrup and corn starch. Whisk to dissolve the cornstarch then place over low-medium heat. Bring to a low boil, while stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and reserve.
- Over medium heat, melt a small slice of butter in a skilled. When the butter is bubbly add 1/3 cup of the pancake batter. Sprinkle on some of the chopped peaches. Allow to cook for about 3 minutes or until the top starts to bubble and the sides look dry then flip.
- Cook another 3-4 minutes and remove from skillet.
- Continue cooking until all the batter is gone. Serve and enjoy!
- Plate, top with the peach compote and enjoy!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
3/4 cup ricotta cheese
1/3 cup milk
1 large egg
1/2 tablespoon lemon zest
In a small mixing bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar. In a separate mixing bowl whisk together the ricotta cheese, milk, egg, vanilla and lemon. Whisk until smooth. Add the flour mixture to the ricotta mixture and mix well with spatula.
Over medium heat, melt a small slice of butter in a skilled. When the butter is bubbly add 1/3 cup of the pancake batter. Sprinkle on some of the chopped peaches. Allow to cook for about 3 minutes or until the top starts to bubble and the sides look dry then flip. Cook another 3-4 minutes and remove from skillet.
Continue cooking until all the batter is gone. Serve and enjoy!
Keywords: breakfast, brunch, peaches, pancakes, compote, summer fruit