Get ready kids, we’re baking cake that’s just your size! Friday, May 1st at 12 noon EST, I’m cooking live on Instagram! Parents and their kiddos are invited to grab the ingredients and cook with me.
This week I asked for the kid’s input as to what flavor cake we baked, chocolate brownie cake won – big time! This brownie cake has no dairy and no egg, so it’s a great treat for those with allergies.
Here’s a quick glance of the ingredients and tools we’ll need. Note: You do not need to pre-measure the ingredients, we will do that together in the class. 🙂
Chocolate Brownie Mug Cake
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 1 min
- Total Time: 6 minutes
- Yield: 1 serving 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Microwave
- Cuisine: American
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 +1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- pinch of salt
- 3 tablespoons canola or vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons water
- splash of vanilla extract
- 1 or 2 tablespoons chocolate chips
- Vanilla bean ice cream – optional but it makes it really good 🙂
- In a microwave-safe mug combine all the dry ingredients – flour, brown sugar, cocoa powder and salt. Using a fork stir well and smash out any lumps.
- Next, add in the remaining ingredients – oil, water, and vanilla extract. Mix well to combine. Then stir in half the chocolate chips, top the cake with the remaining chips.
- Place in the microwave, on a paper towel or paper plate (just in case it overflows) and microwave on high for 1 min. Check with a toothpick for doneness. If undercooked, microwave for another 15-30 seconds.
- Be careful! The cake will be HOT! Allow to cool for a few minutes before eating. Top with ice cream and enjoy!
- I found the best-sized mug is right around 8 ounces. The cake rises but still leaves room for the ice cream. Feel free to use any sized mug you’d like just know if it’s a large mug, it won’t rise to the top. 🙂
- Doubling the recipe – I’ve tried this and the only change is the microwave time. I had to cook for 2 minutes for the cake to cook through.
Keywords: Chocolate Brownie Mug Cake dessert
Was very good but it didn’t taste like brownies! That was very disappointing but if you wanted a quick and easy (and chocolatey!) recipe this would be extremely good.