I like this dish because it’s really easy and you can throw in any vegetables you happen to have in the fridge. It also has great flavor from the soy sauce, fresh ginger and Thai chili sauce.
If you’re looking for a keto version just leave out the rice and you are good to go. While soy sauce is not carb-free it is pretty low in net carbs.
Fresh ginger. It might not be something you traditionally keep in your fridge but if you like Asian food at all I would recommend picking up a pice the next time you’re at the grocery store. It keeps really well in the fridge for 10-15 days. I keep it in a baggie inside the crisper but you can also freeze it.
Links in this post are part of the Amazon Associate program. I earn a small commission from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you.Print
- 1lb ground turkey (or protein of your choice)
- 1 small onion – chopped
- 1/2 c shredded carrot
- 1 cup mushrooms – chopped
- pinch of red chili flake (+/- to your tastebuds)
- 1 heaping tablespoon fresh ginger, chopped into match sticks
- 1 small head of green cabbage thinly sliced (or a bag of pre-shredded)
- 1 large clove of garlic – chopped
- 1/2 cup chicken broth (or water)
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- salt/pepper to your taste
- Sesame seeds – optional
- Thai chili sauce – for serving
- In a large deep skillet brown the ground turkey, when halfway cooked add in the onion and continue to cook until turkey is cook through and onion is slightly tender. Then add in the mushrooms * Season lightly with salt and pepper, not too much b/c the soy sauce will add salt as well.
- Add in the carrot, ginger, and garlic and cook about 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix together the broth, soy sauce, red pepper flake, and vinegar.
- Add the cabbage to the meat mixture, stir well and pour in the broth mixture. Stir well to coat everything. Cover with a lid and cook about 10 minutes or until the cabbage is tender to your liking.
- Taste and season with additional soy sauce if need.
- Serve with the Thai chili sauce, it adds some heat and even more flavor! It’s a must for me!
Keywords: Egg Roll, Turkey, Easy Dinner